Background and Training
Having worked in education for many years, I decided to follow my passion and train as a psychotherapist and counsellor.
Building on a previous counselling course taken in 2010, I began my psychotherapy training at Metanoia Institute in West London in 2014, where I worked as a trainee therapist as well as undertaking extensive post graduate academic studies and my own psychotherapy.
I have worked at two community counselling services in London which serve the general public and at a student counselling service at a university. I have also worked in the NHS in a psychiatric hospital.
In private practice I work with clients in both long-term psychotherapy and shorter-term counselling, depending on the client’s individual needs.
My specialist areas include:
Anxiety and panic attacks
Trauma and PTSD
I also work as a Mental Health Mentor with students at two London universities and at an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) as a counsellor supporting employees of numerous organisations.
- MSc Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute)
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA, EATA)
- Clinical Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute)
- Clinical Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling and Counselling Skills (Birkbeck, University of London)
- BA (hons) Philosophy and Sociology (University of Kent)
- Registered member of UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- Accredited member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)